To be successful in the vision of achieving your academic pursuit financially, Macquarie University are currently recruiting full-time international candidates to complete a PhD in Engineering at Macquarie University. A candidate with strong engineering and biochemistry background will become a key contributor to our integrated and multidisciplinary team developing single-cell analysis technology platforms.
Applicants with a proven track record in fluidics design, micro-device development, cell culture and manipulation, chemical characterisation and analytical methods will be preferred. As a successful candidate you will work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment to create exciting microfluidic modules that enable high-throughput, robust and automated single-cell analysis.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Macquarie University, Australia
Scholarships to be taken at: Macquarie University, Australia
Scholarship Type: Tuition award
Scholarship level: Masters & PhD
Scholarship Worth: $28,092 per annum (2020 tax-exempt for up to 3 years – indexed annually)
Subject Eligibility: Faculty of Engineering and Biochemistry
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Domestic & International students
Eligibility and Selection Criteria: Candidates are expected to posses the following eligibility criteria for the Macquarie University International Research Scholarship 2020/2021;
- Applicants must be domestic or international students.
- The award is available for Masters & PhD research program offered by the University.
- Students enrolling full time in the Honours program in the semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree certificate or equivalent in the relevant field
- Applicants must have MSc degree certificate or equivalent in the relevant field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Independent thinking and analytical aptitude for devising innovative scientific or technical solutions.
- Demonstrate capacity for effective independent work and as part of a team
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, motivation, flexibility and confidence
- Candidates must be highly motivated, responsible, and able to work independently in a structured manner, has good interpersonal and communication skill.
- Applicants must hold an offer for a full-time program at Macquarie University, Australia, Australia
- English Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the Macquarie University’s minimum English language proficiency requirements.
Application Procedures for Macquarie University International Research Scholarship 2020/2021
New applicants to Macquarie University will need to complete the OnlineHDR Candidature and Scholarship Application via the Online Application System and arrange for two academic referee reports to be submitted to the Higher Degree Research Office. Further information can be found on the How to Apply on the official page.
Current applicants with a successful candidature offer less than 12 months old and currently enrolled Macquarie University candidates:
Include any additional documentation/research output
MUST indicate the allocation number under the scholarship details question
MUST include ID number and full name in email subject line (in one PDF attachment)
To be eligible for a scholarship, applicants are expected to have a record of excellent academic performance and preferably, additional relevant research experience and/or peer-reviewed research activity in line with the University’s scholarship rating guidelines. Refer to the Rating Scholarship Applicants section for more information about these guidelines.
Application Deadline: November 20, 2020