Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship is awarded to outstanding international students who are recommended by APU to undergo a degree program. This scholarship opportunity is created with the aim of enhancing international competitiveness and promoting the active exchange of international students in Japanese universities.
Application Deadline: 18th November 2020
Eligible Countries: International
To be Taken at (Country): Japan
Type: Masters, PhD
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- 100% of tuition (covered by the APU Tuition Reduction Scholarship)
- 144,000 JPY per month for living expenses (amount subject to change)
- Economy class air travel between the home country and APU at the beginning and end of the program
- Applicants must Intend to study abroad in Japan from overseas
- Applicants must Not have Japanese nationality and be a national of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan
- Applicants must be born on or after April 2, 1986
- Submit the APU application by November 18, 2020 (for September 2021 Enrollment). Additional documents are not required to be considered for this scholarship.
- APU reviews application documents and selects outstanding candidates to recommend to MEXT.
- Applicants selected to be recommended for this scholarship are notified with their final APU application results.
- Selected applicants complete and submit additional MEXT application documents to APU.
- The final scholarship award results are decided by MEXT.