Both home and international applicants are welcome to apply for the 2021 Newcastle University PhD Studentship in Pure Mathematics at the School of Mathematics, Statistics and Physics. The scholarship is highly competitive and covers 100% of home tuition fees paid (international fees for outstanding students where possible), and annual living expenses of £15,609.
The School of Mathematics, Statistics and Physics anticipates that a fully funded PhD studentship in pure mathematics will be allocated in an open competition for a new, high-calibre PhD student commencing their studies in September 2021. The School is committed to promoting diversity, and we particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Newcastle University, UK
Scholarships to be taken at: Newcastle University, UK
Scholarships level: PhD
Scholarships Worth: Full tuition cover with living expenses of £15,609
Subject Eligibility: Pure Mathematics, Statistics and Physics
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Domestic & International Students
Newcastle University PhD Studentship in Pure Mathematics | Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the Newcastle University PhD Studentship in Pure Mathematics with the scholarship coverage, candidates must meet the program eligibility requirements as follows;
- Applicants must be domestic or international students.
- The studentship is available to all who have/expect a 2:1 honours degree in computing science, mathematics, physics, statistics or another strongly quantitative discipline, or an international equivalent.
- Applicants must hold Bachelor’s degree to apply for a Postgraduate Degree program.
- Based on academic merit.
- Candidates must be healthy both physically and mentally, excellent in academic standing and with good conduct.
- Applicants may not hold any other scholarship at the same time.
- If English is not your first language, you must have IELTS 6.5 overall (with a minimum of 5.5 in all sub-skills).
The award benefits of the Newcastle University PhD Studentship Scholarship in Pure Mathematics include;
- Fully-funded scholarship
- Living expenses of £15,609
- Accommodation and utility bills
- study costs
How-to-Apply: Eligible and interested applicants must apply through the University’s online postgraduate application system and make sure to;
- Insert the programme code 8080F in the programme of study section, select ‘PhD Mathematics – Pure as the programme of study, insert the studentship code MSP037 in the studentship/partnership reference field.
- Attach a cover letter and CV. The covering letter must state the title of the studentship, quote reference code MSP037 and state how your interests and experience relate to the project. CV should list details of two references.
- Attach degree transcripts and certificates and, if English is not your first language, a copy of your English language qualifications.
Application Deadline: February 28, 2021