Bayer Foundation offers scholarships in scientific and medical disciplines. Grants are awarded to domestic and international students for research programs in Germany. The goal of Bayer Scholarship Program is to support the next generation of researchers and teachers as they engage in “Science for a Better Life”.
Bayer Foundation is uniquely positioned at the interface between science and social innovation – two of the key drivers when it comes to reaching a World with Health for All and Hunger for None.
Bayer Foundation Scholarships | DETAILS
- Course Level: Scholarships are granted to students and young professionals (up to two years after graduation) from Germany wishing to continue with a study or research project abroad or to foreign students/young professionals pursuing a project in Germany.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Life Sciences, Medicine, Agro Sciences, Biology and Chemistry Educators, and Apprentices.
- Scholarship Award: The Fellowship Program consists of five scholarship programs that offer tailored financial support. Important requirements for the support: The project to be supported must be innovative and international. Scholarships are granted to students and young professionals (up to two years after graduation) from Germany wishing to realize a study or research project abroad or to foreign students/young professionals pursuing a project in Germany.
- Number of Scholarships: Not specified
Who can Apply?
- Entrance Requirements: For Bayer Foundation Scholarships, applicants must meet the following guidelines:
- Life Sciences: Students and young professionals in the fields of biology, molecular biology, bioengineering, bioinformatics, chemistry, biochemistry, pharmaceuticals and computational life sciences can apply for the Otto Bayer Scholarship.
- Medicine: Students and young professionals in the fields of human and veterinary medicine, medical science, medical engineering, public health and health economics can apply for the Carl Duisburg Scholarship
- Agro Sciences: Students and young professionals in the fields of agro sciences, agronomy, crop sciences, green biotechnology, environmental sciences, and sustainability can apply for the Jeff Schell Scholarship.
- Biology and Chemistry Educators: Student teachers in biology and chemistry (up to Master’s degree level) can apply for the Kurt Hansen Scholarship. Here, the focus is on study projects, internships, summer courses as well as supplemental courses of study.
- Apprentices: Apprentices and young professionals in non-academic professions can apply for the Hermann Strenger Scholarship. Here, foreign assignments like projects, internships, supplemental courses or on-the-job assignments in the following fields are in focus:
- Careers in healthcare
- Technical or scientific occupations
- Business administration
- Eligible Countries: German and foreign students can apply for these scholarships.
- English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of the English language.
How to Apply
The Bayer Science & Education Foundation supports students and young professionals that would like to study or work outside of their home country with the Bayer Foundation Fellowship Program, which consists of five scholarships (Please find detailed application instructions at the official website).
The following application documents are required for the Otto Bayer Scholarship, Carl Duisberg Scholarship, Jeff Schell Scholarship and Kurt Hansen Scholarship:
- Confirmation letter from the foreign host institute/university on the planned project
- A description of the project (duration of 2-12 months) with financial plan within the timeline. The project can consist of special study courses, laboratory assignments, research projects, summer classes, internships, Master’s or PhD programs.
- Most recent transcripts
- Any additional documents that would enhance the application
- Job application photo (not photo of your passport, please)
For the Hermann Strenger Scholarship, applicants must submit the following:
- Confirmation letter from the foreign host institute/university on the planned project.
- Most recent transcripts with good to excellent grades
- A description of the project (duration of 2-12 months) with financial plan. The project can consist of
special study courses, laboratory assignments, research projects, summer classes or internships
- Job application photo (no photo of your passport, please)
Application Deadline: Not specified