Wellington Doctoral Scholarship awards is intended to encourage postgraduate research at Victoria University of Wellington to students who are about to begin their doctoral scholarship. The scholarships are awarded on academic merit and open to students in any discipline.
The scholarships are offered to the top ranked candidates in any Doctoral admission and scholarship application round throughout the year. To be considered for a Wellington doctoral Scholarship, the applicant must have a strong academic record.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Victoria University of Wellington
Scholarship to be taken at: New Zealand
Scholarship level: Postgraduate (PhD)
Scholarship Slots: 110 per year
Scholarship Worth: $23,000 stipend annually plus tuition fees
Subject Eligibility: Courses tenable at the university
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The scholarship is for international and domestic students.
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the Wellington Doctoral Scholarships for International Students 2020, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must possess excellent academic credentials including their bachelor’s degree and master’s degree in relevant courses from a recognized university.
- Applicants must demonstrate potential for high quality research. Having a record of publication in high quality journals commensurate with experience and education.
- Applicants are to note that scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit by the University Research Scholarships Committee (the Committee), a sub-committee of the University Research Committee.
- Applications are accepted from those who are eligible at the time of application, or who reasonably expect to become eligible within three months of their application, to register as a candidate for a Doctoral degree at Victoria University of Wellington.
- Scholarship recipients shall be required to maintain full time enrolment and devote themselves full-time to their programme of research during the tenure of the scholarship and may not hold a position of emolument.
Application Procedures for the Wellington Doctoral Scholarships for International Students 2020
Applicants are to check that they meet the eligibility requirements and should thereafter proceed to the online application for both admission as a doctoral student and to apply for a Wellington Doctoral Scholarship. Applicants will be required to prepare their expression of interest and also select their academic referees.
Applicants are to assemble additional documentation and must provide:
- A 2000-word sample of academic writing in English
- Certified copies of academic transcript/s and degree certificates.
- International students are to provide evidence of English language proficiency.
- Translations of official documents (certified by an accredited translator)
Applicants must upload all required documentation to the online application.
Application Deadline: 1st November, 2020 4:30 PM (NZST Time Zone)