Apply for the Columbia University Scholarship for Displaced Students 2021. The Columbia University Scholarship for Displaced Students (CUSDS) main aim is to combat the unprecedented humanitarian and economic loss faced by displaced students. It is therefore providing displaced students with the opportunity to pursue higher education at Columbia University, one of the leading educational institutions in the world.
One of the min aims of the Scholarship is to shift the global dialogue surrounding displaced persons, from one that views them as a burden to one that recognizes them as vital contributors to global innovation and prosperity. The non-exitance of such initiatives at any university in the world, yet there are obvious desires for education on the part of these displaced student populations has been one of the motivating factors for the university to set up this scholarship program
Therefore, the Columbia University Scholarship for Displaced Students aims to lead efforts in filling this pressing humanitarian need and the university is hopeful that other universities to follow suit.
- This scholarship will cover the Full tuition of your selected progrmmme.
- You will also receive coverage for student’s housing and living expenses for the whole duration until the completion the your degree..
Applicants for the program must fulfill one of the following conditions
- You must be a foreign nationals with refugee status living anywhere in the world OR
- You are a refugee who has received US asylum or submitted a US asylum application, or are in the US under Temporary Protected Status.
- There are no age restrictions on the scholarship so anyone is welcome to apply.
- Displace people are those that fall under the following categories
- Refugee: If you have been forced to flee your home country due to persecution because of their race, religion, nationality, political opinion
- Asylee : In case you are already present in the United States and have received official legal recognition as an asylee from the United States government due to persecution in your home country
- Asylum Seeker: In case you are already present in the United States or has sought admission at a port of entry due to persecution in your home country.
- Temporary Protected Status (TPS) : If you hold temporary immigration status provided to nationals of certain countries experiencing problems that make it difficult or unsafe for their nationals to be deported there.
To be considered, you must apply for admission and be accepted by one of the degree programs offered at the university. Please note that the application requirements and criteria for scholarship applicants are the same as for normal admissions, therefore you must meet the admission conditions if you are to be considered for the scholarship. The following are important to note
- Applicants must apply directly to a degree program listed on the scholarship information homepage.
- You must then complete the scholarship application form.
- Keep in mind that each school and program maintains their own acceptance requirements and application deadlines.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here