Stanford University invites applications for the Fully Funded Knight-Hennessy Scholars Programme in the USA for 2021/2022 academic year.
Knight-Hennessy Scholars at Stanford University develops a community of future global leaders to address complex challenges through collaboration and innovation. Every year, up to 100 high-achieving students from around the world will receive full funding to pursue any graduate degree at Stanford, including the JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MS, and PhD programs, as well as joint- and dual-degrees. Knight-Hennessy Scholars is the largest fully endowed scholars program in the world.
Knight-Hennessy Scholars will prepare a new generation of leaders with a deep academic foundation and the broad skill set to develop creative solutions to effect positive change in the world.
Numerous intersecting challenges confront the world today: widening gaps in opportunity and income; declining livability caused by population growth and environmental degradation; social instability owing to structural inequality and intergroup conflicts; persistent human health challenges despite rapidly rising costs. The world needs leaders in government, business, and nonprofits who can creatively address society’s thorniest problems.
Worth of Award
Fully funded, include tuition, stipends, graduate program, and academic-related expenses with additional financial support available.
- They encourage applications to Knight-Hennessy Scholars from citizens of all countries. That’s natural since we expect Knight-Hennessy Scholars to have global impact.
- They expect that over time about one-third of our scholars will be from the U.S., and about two thirds will be from countries outside the U.S. Those numbers will fluctuate from year to year, since our goal is to admit the world’s very best students, regardless of location.
- Did you earn a degree at an institution outside the U.S.? To be eligible for graduate study, you must hold the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from a college or university of recognized standing.
- See Stanford’s guidelines for a minimum level of study. (For questions on this policy, contact the Office of Graduate Admissions, not the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program.)
How to Apply
- To enroll in September 2021, you must apply to Knight-Hennessy Scholars by the deadline.
- You must also apply separately to the specific Stanford graduate degree program that you wish to pursue
- They highly recommend that you apply using a current version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
- You must submit all Knight-Hennessy Scholars application materials in English.
Deadline: Applications close October 14, 2020.