International students are to note that the 2021/2022 Chevening Scholarships for international students to study in the United Kingdom will commence soon. Chevening Scholarships are the UK government’s scholarship programme funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organizations.
Chevening scholarships offers awards to outstanding students with great leadership potential globally to study for a postgraduate (masters) degree at any university in the UK. Chevening is the UK Government scholarships and fellowships that enable future leaders to study in the UK, whilst joining a global community of professionals who are creating positive impact across the world.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Chevening
Scholarship to be taken at: UK
Scholarship level: Postgraduate (masters)
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship Benefits
Subject Eligibility: Courses tenable at any UK university
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The scholarship is for students from Chevening-eligible countries.
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the Chevening Scholarships for International Students to Study in UK 2021/2022, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country who have been offered admission to study at any UK university for the 2021/2022 academic session.
- Applicants must be willing to return to their home country or territory after the completion of their studies for a minimum of two years.
- Applicants must have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university by the time you submit your application. This is equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK but may be different depending on the applicant’s course and university choice.
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 15 July, 2021.
- Applicants must meet the Chevening English language requirement by 15 July 2021.
A Chevening scholarship typically covers tuition fees, a monthly living allowance, economy class return airfare to the UK and additional grants and allowances to cover essential expenditure.
Application Procedures for the Chevening Scholarships for International Students to Study in UK 2021/2022
The 2021/2022 applications for the Chevening scholarship will open on 3 September, 2020. Applicants are enjoined to prepare their academic credentials and other supporting documents ahead of the opening date. In order to give yourself the best chance of being shortlisted for an interview and eventually being offered a scholarship, it is vital that you prepare at every stage of the process.
Before submitting your application, it is recommended that you read the guidance offered as it will help you find the right courses, choose appropriate references, and avoid common mistakes that other applicants make.
Application Deadline: 3 November, 2020