The University of Western Australia is inviting applications for the PhD Scholarship in Offshore Hydrodynamics for International Students in 2020.
They are seeing a highly capable and self-motivated PhD candidate for this PhD project in offshore engineering, with application to wave and flow structure interaction problems. In particular, this project will investigate the scaling effects from lab scale to full scale by CFD modeling, which is a key challenge in the design of offshore renewable facilities. This project may also involve laboratory experiments and the analysis of field data provided by industrial collaborators.
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is a public research university in the Australian state of Western Australia. The university’s main campus is in Perth, the state capital, with a secondary campus in Albany and various other facilities elsewhere.
Worth of Award
The scholarship covers a Fortnightly Stipend of $35500
The following are the eligibility criteria;
- An Honours degree (H1) or MSc in offshore engineering or fluid mechanics, with a substantial research project component, and appropriate English language skills
- All interested applicants should submit an expression of interest to DrWenhua Zhao
- Qualification through WACE, TEE or equivalent pass in English, English Literature, or English as a Second Language
- GCE O-level (GCSE and IGCSE)Minimum grade C / C6 in English, English Language, English (First Language) or English Literature.
- Minimum grade A in IGCSE English as a Second Language, with grade 1(One) in Oral/Aural Communication.
- Must be endorsed by CIE, OCR, Edexcel, AQA or other UK authority (independent and school-assessed O-levels are not sufficient).
- Study area: Engineering, Offshore engineering.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should visit the website and apply.