St Andrews University in the UK invites applications for Sanctuary Scholarships, specifically designed to support undergraduate and postgraduate applicants who are seeking sanctuary in the UK, in the 2020/21 academic year.
The University is committed to attracting the very best students, and to providing a safe, welcoming and inclusive environment for everyone in our community
Worth of Award
- Postgraduate Taught courses up to £22,000
- Postgraduate Research up to £15,000
- Flexible funding which can be allocated towards Tuition or Maintenance depending on Government/other funding provided
The Sanctuary Scholarship is open to any applicant that meets one of the following Home Office categories at fee assessment stage starting a new course of study:
- Asylum Seeker
- Humanitarian protection
- Limited leave to remain
- Discretionary Leave to remain
- Asylum seekers will be assessed as Home (Scotland/EU) fee status
How to Apply
- This scholarship is available for application through the Scholarships and Funding catalogue. Current students can access Scholarships and Fund through MySaint.
- If you have applied to a Postgraduate Research course (e.g. Ph.D., MPhil, MFA) beginning in the 2020-2021 academic year, you will receive an email with a few days of submitting your course application with instructions on how to access the catalogue.
- If you have applied to a course (e.g. MSc, MLitt, MRes, PG Certificate, PG Diploma, Conversion Diploma) beginning in the 2020-2021 academic year, you can access the catalogue through My Application after you have applied for your chosen programme.
- You should wait until the next working day after submission before attempting to access My Application
- When you have accessed the catalogue, apply for the St Andrews Sanctuary Scholarship (Postgraduate).
- Please apply for the scholarship after you have submitted your application for a place at St Andrew’s.
- You do not need to wait until you have received an offer of a place before applying for the scholarship.
- They recommend using the funding financial profile to help calculate your household income before you apply for any need-based scholarships.
- You can find the funding financial profile in Scholarships and Funding, “Create my funding financial profile”.
- The outcome of your scholarship application will be available on “View my applications” in the Scholarships and Funding section of ‘My Application’ after the deadline date.