HTW Berlin- University of Applied Sciences is pleased to announce the 2021 Master in International and Development economics for international students (MIDE) supported by DAAD. MIDE allows students to gain expertise in the area if international trade relations with a strong focus on development.
MIDE comprises numerous international and development economics modules and other interdisciplinary courses put together on the basis of relevance to current realities in the development field. MIDE strives to create a positive and inclusive environment, where every student can feel comfortable and welcome.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): DAAD
Scholarship to be taken at: Germany
Scholarship level: Masters
Scholarship Slots: Several
Scholarship Worth: See scholarship benefits
Subject Eligibility: Masters in International and Development Economics
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The scholarship is for students from developing countries.
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the MIDE Postgraduate Scholarships at HTW Berlin University 2021, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be nationals of developing or newly industrialized country.
- Applicants must have 2 or more years of professional experience after graduation.
- Applicants must not have graduated not longer than 6 years ago possessing excellent results in relevant bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- Applicant works for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country and as such, is engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological, economic or social areas.
- Living expenses (17 months): 850,00 €/month
- Study and research subsidy
- A subsidy for travel expenses (including insurance for accident and personal liability) to Germany and back home after the completion of the programme
- Health insurance
- Preparatory German Language Course
Application Procedures for the MIDE Postgraduate Scholarships at HTW Berlin University 2021
- Applicants must submit a statement of motivation explaining why he/she is interested in attending a particular postgraduate course with reference to their current employment. Applicants are to further describe their development-related motivation and how they intend to make full use of their scholarship and education by taking on social responsibility later in their career.
- Applicants are to submit proof of at least two years of professional work experience and state current work situation at the time of application. Applicants are also required to provide a letter of reference from their employer(s), ideally guaranteeing re-employment after completion of the postgraduate course in Germany.
Application Deadline: 30th September, 2020