International students are now welcomed to apply for this edition of Adelaide Scholarships International (ASI) 2021. The University of Adelaide International scholarships are open to both Masters and PhD students from across the globe without reservations. Several scholarships are awarded yearly to students with excellence academic records.
Application for the Adelaide Scholarships International (ASI) 2021 is simple, as soon as you meet up the eligibility criteria. Interested persons should read carefully to understand the scholarship eligibility conditions and apply to scholarships.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Adelaide, Australia.
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships
Scholarship level: Masters and PhD Students
Scholarship Worth: Please see Scholarship Benefits
Subject Eligibility: All Courses tenable at the University of Adelaide.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Open to international students
English Language Requirement: IELTS, TOEFL or Pearson Test of English are accepted. In absent of any of these, an intensive English Language Course would be arrange for students.
Scholarship Eligibility and Basic Requirements: Before you begin application for the Fully Funded University of Adelaide International Scholarships Award 2020, you should take note of the following eligibility conditions;
- Applicants are required to have successfully completed at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Honours degree (this is a four-year degree with a major research project in the final year). All qualifying programs of study must be successfully completed.
- Scholarships will be awarded on academic merit and research potential. Extra-curricular achievements are not considered.
- International applicants must not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree or, if undertaking a Research Master degree, not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian Research Master degree.
- International applicants who have not provided evidence of their meeting the minimum English language proficiency requirements for direct entry by the scholarship closing date, or who have completed a Pre-Enrolment English Program to meet the entry requirements for the intended program of study, are not eligible.
- Citizens and Permanent Residents of Australia, and citizens of New Zealand are ineligible.
- Those undertaking research via remote candidature is ineligible.
- Candidates are required to enrol in the University of Adelaide as ‘international students’ and must maintain ‘international student’ status for the duration of their enrolment in the University.
- Candidates who have applied for Australian permanent resident status can apply for ASI scholarships.
- International applicants are not eligible if they have already commenced the degree for which they are seeking an award unless they can establish that they were unable to apply in the previous round.
- Scholarships holders must commence study at the University of Adelaide in the semester the scholarship is offered.
- Applicants who applied and were eligible for consideration in an international scholarship round, and were unsuccessful, will automatically be reconsidered in the following international scholarship round, assuming they hold a valid offer of candidature for that intake. An applicant who has been considered in 2 rounds cannot be reconsidered in any future scholarship rounds.
- The offer of a scholarship is contingent upon a student not being offered another award by the Commonwealth of Australia, the University of Adelaide, or an overseas sponsor. The University reserves the right to withdraw an offer of a scholarship at any time prior to enrolment if it is advised that an awardee has been offered a scholarship equal to or in excess of the financial value of the award offered by the University.
The Adelaide Scholarships International (ASI) provides;
- Course tuition fees for two years for a Master degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree (an extension is possible for doctoral programs only),
- An annual living allowance AUD$27,596 (2019 rate, indexed annually) for two years for a Master degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree (an extension is possible for doctoral programs only), and
- For Postgraduate Research (Subclass 574) visa holders, the award provides compulsory standard Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Worldcare policy for the student and their spouse and dependents (if any) for the standard duration of the student visa. It does not cover the additional 6-month extended student visa period post thesis submission. If the award holder does not hold a subclass 574 visa then he/she is responsible for the cost of health insurance.
Application Procedure Fully Funded University of Adelaide International Scholarships Award 2021:
To apply please submit a formal application for Admission and a Scholarship via online application system. There is no application fee. Note. The University of Adelaide is unable to provide an assessment of eligibility for candidature and/or a scholarship until a formal application is submitted and assessed. We strongly recommend that all applicants submit their application and all required documents well before the closing date (if any).
Application Deadline: Ongoing