Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development is inviting applications for the DAAD In-Region Masters Scholarship Programme in South Africa 2021.
The programme aims at fostering strong, internationally oriented higher education systems in Sub-Saharan Africa with the capacity to contribute to sustainable development. To this end, scholarships are granted for development-related Master or doctoral studies for individuals who plan to pursue a career in teaching and/or research at a higher education institution in Sub-Saharan Africa.
It has been agreed upon that DAAD cooperates with the African Paediatric Fellowship Programme (APFP) by offering up to 6 In-Region Scholarships for Master studies at APFP for the intake 2021.
Worth of Award
The Scholarship includes;
- Study and research allowance
- Monthly Scholarship (Accommodation, Food, etc.)
- Printing allowance
The short-term research scholarship includes:
- A monthly scholarship payment for living costs which amounts to 1.200 (PhD students) and 850 (Master students) EUR per month
- Health/accident/personal liability insurance
- A flat-rate travel allowance
- Have successfully completed generally a three-year university degree (Master candidates) with above average results (upper forth of class)
- Clearly, show motivation and a strong commitment
- Have a thorough knowledge of the language of instruction
- Have completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application
- Must be nationals or permanent resident of a Sub-Saharan African country (excluding South Africa)
- Generally, be a) staff member of a public university, b) candidate considered for teaching or research staff recruitment, c) from the public sector
How to Apply
The application process contains two steps. Please be aware of the two
- First step: Applicants must apply for their studies at APFP using the contacts and the method that is prescribed by the institution.
- Second step: APFP will provide the shortlisted candidates with the link to the DAAD-Portal. Only the pre-selected candidates are asked to log into the DAAD portal, register themselves and submit a DAAD application.
- Documents to be submitted:
- DAAD application form duly filled in (available in the DAAD-Portal)
- Hand-signed curriculum vitae (please use the European specimen form at http://europass.cedefop. Europa.eu), including a list of publications (if applicable).
- Recommendation letter by university teachers (Master 1, PhD 2)
- Letter of admission for the host university/institution/ network
- Certified copies of university degree certificates including transcripts
- Letter of motivation (if applicable: mentioning the planned research stay in Germany.
- Copy of the passport
Deadline: Application closes June 2, 2020.